By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements may apply. Additional terms will be available with the relevant Services and those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
- Using our Services
- You must follow any policies made available to you within the Services.
- Do not misuse our Services, for example, do not interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct with reasonable evidence and circumstances.
- Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from DIRO in writing or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Do not remove, obscure or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
- In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
- Our Services can be accessed both from your computers using a web browser and through our applications for mobile devices. Do not use such Services in a way that prevents you from obeying or circumventing any laws.
- Your DIRO Account
- You may need a DIRO Account in order to use some of our Services. You may create your own DIRO Account, or your DIRO Account may be assigned to you by an administrator, such as your financial institution or employer that wants to verify your identity. If you are using a DIRO Account assigned to you by an administrator, different or additional terms may apply, and your administrator may be able to access your account.
- You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your DIRO Account.
- Privacy Protection
- DIRO’s Privacy Policies explains how we treat individual’s personal data and protect their privacy when individuals use our Services. By using our Services, you agree that DIRO can use such data in accordance with our Privacy Policies.
- Your Content in our Services
- Some of our Services allows individuals to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. These individuals retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that they hold in that content.
- When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give DIRO (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute derived work from such content. The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This licence continues even if you stop using our Services. Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Make sure that you have the necessary rights to grant us this licence for any content that you submit to our Services. For our Subscribers, who engage us to collect information from their customers, please note that these customers can authorise us to share their information with other Subscribers also.
- About Software in our Services
- You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
- Some software used in our Services may be offered under an open-source licence that we will make available to you. There may be provisions in the open-source licence that expressly override some of these terms.
- Modifying and Terminating our Services
- We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether as reasonably required by law.
- You can stop using our Services at any time, although we would be sorry to see you go. Under exceptional circumstances, DIRO may also stop providing Services to you. However, DIRO may add or create new limits to our Services at any time and provide 15 day notice to Subscribers of any changes in commercial terms.
- Our Warranties and Disclaimers
- We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we do not promise about our Services.
- OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER DIRO NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKES ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
- Liability for our Services
- WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, DIRO WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF DIRO FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU WITH THE SERVICES AGAIN).
- IN ALL CASES, DIRO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
- Business uses of our Services
- If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify DIRO and its affiliates, officers, agents and employees from any claim, action or proceedings arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, judgements, litigation costs and legal fees.
- About these Terms
- We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly. We’ll post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. We’ll post notice of modified additional terms in the applicable Service. Changes will not apply retrospectively and will become effective no earlier than fourteen days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
- If there is any inconsistency between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- These terms govern the relationship between DIRO and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
- If you do not comply with these terms and we do not take action immediately, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
- If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
- The parties agree that any dispute arising in connection with the interpretation or validity of, or otherwise arising out of, this Agreement, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction & courts of New York, United States. The parties hereby agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts and agree that process may be served in the manner provided herein for the giving of notices or otherwise as allowed by applicable law.
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in Singapore in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The Tribunal shall consist of three (3) arbitrator(s). The language of the arbitration shall be English.
For further questions regarding the terms, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org